Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Romans vs. Celts! Hail Caesar game!

This past Saturday we had a game of Hail Caesar! at the local game shop Guardian Games here in Portland, OR.  It was a Romans vs. Celts battle.  I will keep the AAR of the battle short and just say that the Celts lost. :(  I've posted some of the photos I took from the game.  Enjoy them.  I'm not a big fan of the Warlord Games series of rules but I got to roll dice and push lead. I was happy.

Sitting at the end of the table is Alyssa. She painted all of the figures you see and she ran the game. Cheers to Alyssa!  Her painting is fantastic.

























5 comments:

  1. I had some rules wrong, missed other rules together, but overall it was great fun. Main offenses was giving romans morale bonus due to being heavy, not a to-hit modifier, allowing infantry to counter-charge (instead of just cav), allowing infantry to charge cav (they can, but I missed the bonuses the cav get in that instance), probably too many break tests, one instance of counting a unit as support instead of its own melee, and not giving the romans the pila special skill. But they still won

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What a perfect example of the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pushing lead and rolling dice is always better than not doing so. 😀

    I’ve had some very fun games of HC and it’s a decent set of rules. Though the activation rolls can be burdensome, especially when a div fails to activate repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular looking figures and game!
    "I'm not a big fan of the Warlord Games series of rules but I got to roll dice and push lead. I was happy." Having played HC once, that's my assessment. I'd play them again, but I wouldn't run a game with them.

    ReplyDelete