Friday, December 8, 2017

Progress report and finished up some Imperial Romans

So I've worked a little more on the Imperial Romans and these are basically done with Oil paints, a few enamels and some acrylic paints.  I've also done a video if you wish to see a little more on what I've accomplished.  Go here if interested: Progress Report






The basic colors have been applied in the above photos.






Glazes have been applied in several layers and the Wolf's pelts have been painted with acrylics. 


The finished leader. 

I am really liking the process of painting with oil paints. I find them easier to work with and a little more forgiving if you make a mistake.

4 comments:

  1. Woe very interesting
    I have the same figures to paint and was going to go down teh Vallejo Game Colour route

    Hmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried using oils, but I think these are some of your best work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have a lot more practice to do.

      Delete
  3. Very nice. The wolf pelt is subtly painted.

    ReplyDelete