The mold is made of Latex and it is quite detailed. According to the instructions of the resin I poured some water into the mold to figure out the volume needed. It was a little over a 1/2 cup.
Resin it self is fairly easy to use. Pour equal parts of A and B into a container and mix and then pour into the mold. Prior to pouring the resin into the mold, I sprayed Ease Release 200 onto the mold. This spray will help release the resin but also prolong the life of the mold.
After letting the resin dry over night. Actual drying time is only a couple of hours. One problem I did encounter while pouring the resin, was the uneven nature of the mold. Some of the resin spilled out. Once the initial layer I had poured into the mold had started to solidify, I mixed some more resin and poured that in to help fill in where the first mixture had spilled.
The removal of the hardened resin from the mold was very easy and the mold is ready for its next use.
Now the fun begins. Painting it! I decided to try Woodland Scenics idea on painting the rock from their Woodland Scenics Scenery Manual. Using a series of washes starting with Raw Sienna and then another wash of Raw Umber and then a final wash of Black. I didn't like the final look of the rock. It was too dark for my tastes. So I went back and hit it with a dry brush of grey.
It help tie the rock a little more into my terrain mat etc.. I decided to add some flocking to one area. This gave it a little more color and the representation of growth on a old rock.
My overall experience with this has been positive and I will try it again. I am going to try Woodland Scenics Hydrocal instead of the resin. This one attempt with using the resin used almost all of what I had bought. The Hydrocal is less expensive and can provide a lot of uses. I will post more about this once I've had a chance to try it again.