Saturday, February 6, 2016

My daughter's first painted miniature!!!


 My daughter asked me to teach her how to paint miniatures this morning. So I struck while the fire was hot!! Luckily I had some primed figures waiting for some paint. She and I sat down and I walked her through painting a 28mm Pulp figure.  I allowed her to pick the colors she wanted etc...  She listened and did everything I told her.  She is going to do the other two on this popsicle stick as well.  She says she had big plans for the evil scientist.  I can't wait.  This makes me so happy.  She's 9 years old.  I hope she learns to like it.










11 comments:

  1. Outstanding! Now, to find a genre that really tickles her fancy and set the hook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very creditable first step on a journey of hopefully great pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done, a promising artist!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! If you can keep painting to that standard you can feel very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Soon you can outsource, I mean have your daughter help with, your lead pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done by the little one, Vic. Great tutelage and lineage no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Get them while they're young! Have a look at the Dice Bag Lady's site for a nice selection of female minis, in case she finds the vast number of male minis a bit boring.
    http://thedicebaglady.net/female-miniatures/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea. I have some Ladies she could paint from my Three Musketeer figures. I bet she would love the dresses.

      Delete
  8. better than my first painting. and some of my recent ones too. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome pics!!! She did great!

    ReplyDelete