Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A project for my daughter

Over the last few weeks I've been working on a project for my daughter.
As of today I've finished it.  My idea for the project was to paint some figures and give my daughter some encouragement and strength.  I know it's sappy but I'm a dad and I guess that's what we do. Right?

Anyway, below are the Dark Sword Miniatures I've painted for her and the diorama I put together for her. 

The Dark Sword Miniatures are nice sculpts. They have some great detail for 28mm.  They were all painted with Artist acrylics.




The Rogue




The Wizard





The Knight

Under each figure I wrote what I thought are the strengths for each character.





The diorama. I'm going to wrap this and give it to her for Christmas.



Friday, November 2, 2018

French Foreign Legion Bust 200mm

I've started work on Verlinden Productions French Foreign Legion Bust. It's a 200mm resin sculpt. 



Here are some photos as well


The above photos are after I primed it black and then over sprayed it with grey and then white.




The flesh tones have been applied.


Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Three more French Cavalry units for the WSS

The last three units of French Cavalry are done for my WSS project!!!  They include the Berry, Belleport and Germinon units.  All the figures are 10mm Old Glory and are based on 30mm x 30mm bases.












Friday, October 19, 2018

2 units of French Cavalry completed

So I've finally finished up some French Cavalry for my War of Spanish Succession project.  I've been a little burnt out on painting troops for this project as I've been working on them non-stop for over a year now.  I guess I needed a bit of a break from them.

Here are some quick shots of the Simiane and Anjou cavarly units.  I hope you like them.




Only 3 more French units to go and then 16 Spanish units of Cavalry to do. :)

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Thursday, August 23, 2018

28mm Renaissance Pikemen completed

Yesterday I finished painting some 28mm Renaissance figures for one of the guys in our group.  Don't tell him though, it's a surprise. They are Warlord metal figures from their Italian Wars range.  I painted them all with Artist Acrylics, no hobby paint at all.  The idea to do that came from a conversation I had with someone who stated, "You can't paint figures without using hobby paint. The colors won't be right."  Well I did it anyway. :)  I think the colors are right.

I primed them with black and then did an overspray of white.








Work in progress photos. First layers of color applied.














The completed figures. I have not added a flag to the unit, that will be left to my friend to decide what he wants the unit to represent.