Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year, 2013!!!!!



Happy New Year everyone!!  2013 is only 3 hours away here on the west coast of the United States.

This has been a fun wargaming year for our little group.  While I didn't get a lot of painting done like I had hoped, I did get a campaign based on the Italian war of independence in 1859 started.  This was the first time I had ever started something this large and for this long.  The guys in the group seemed pleased so far with the campaign.
I am hoping that the campaign will wrap up in the next 2 or 3 months.  I will continue to post after action reports on the battles.  At the end of the campaign I will post a narrative of the campaign itself, to help fill in the blanks the battles aren't covering.  I haven't done it yet as I don't want the two commanders seeing the other person's moves etc...

For 2013 I have a few projects that I want to start and hopefully finish.

The first is my 10mm AWI armies based on the Battle of Monmouth.  I've already started collecting the troops for this.
I also have some 1/600 scale Ironclads to paint to run some Sail and Steam Navies rules.  I played these at Enfilade in 2012 and loved them.
Check your 6 Jet Age is also sitting in the wings, waiting to be used.  I picked up some planes to do Israel and Egypt.  I'm hoping I can get them painted before the year is over.
I also want to rebase my WWI 15mm collection so I can float between using Through the Mud and Blood and Piquet's Barrage.

Terrain wise I'm going to push to finish the 10 to 12 buildings I had bought at Enfilade.  They are 3/4's of the way done, just have to finish them.
The big thing I want to work is smaller terrain boards.  My first set was 6 boards that were 2'x4'.  I want to do 2'x2' boards now and correct some of the mistakes I made the first time.

I would also like to thank all of you who have visited my site and left comments and encouraged me with this hobby.  It means a lot.  Thank you!

So to wrap up 2012, from my family here in Portland, Oregon, we want to wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!




2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with all your projects, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy and prosperous New Year to you and yours as well, Victor!

    ReplyDelete