Wednesday, June 13, 2018

How should I base the cavalry?

Okay, I'm to the point where I have to make a decision on how to base my cavalry for my WSS project.  These are 10mm figures from Old Glory and I'm planning on using 30mm x 30mm bases.  


What do you think, 2 or 3 figures per base?


I also painted up some commanders.  The horses were all painted with oil paints and the riders with acrylics.  These will be the major generals for the French and Spanish for my Battle of Almanza project. 










8 comments:

  1. I say 3 for the troopers and 2 for the command bases

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say 3 for the cavalry troopers and 2 for the command bases

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vic,I don't know what rules you're using, but 3 per base is more aesthetic IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool looking figures Victor. I suppose it depends on whst rules you're going to use and how many figures will be in the units. Personally I'd go with 3 figures, it just looks better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick question how do you fix them to the board for painting ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three to a base for formed cavalry on those (30mm wide?). Doesn't look too scrunched in (might try four figures for Napoleonic style "heavies", but they're a hundred years yet!). Two looks too loose - if you ever need any "irregular" or light horse I'd reserve two per base for them ;)

    Mind, I use five cavalry figures to a 60mm base myself because that divides a pack of 15 Pendraken horse neatly into three bases!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 figures looks better IMHO...

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 per base; 2 for Light Cavalry, if there were any!

    ReplyDelete