Thursday, August 23, 2018

28mm Renaissance Pikemen completed

Yesterday I finished painting some 28mm Renaissance figures for one of the guys in our group.  Don't tell him though, it's a surprise. They are Warlord metal figures from their Italian Wars range.  I painted them all with Artist Acrylics, no hobby paint at all.  The idea to do that came from a conversation I had with someone who stated, "You can't paint figures without using hobby paint. The colors won't be right."  Well I did it anyway. :)  I think the colors are right.

I primed them with black and then did an overspray of white.








Work in progress photos. First layers of color applied.














The completed figures. I have not added a flag to the unit, that will be left to my friend to decide what he wants the unit to represent. 


2 comments:

  1. At one time, the bulk of my figures were painted with Liquitex artist's acrylics. Now days I use inesxpensive craft paint, my favorite being deltaceramcoat. I have only a very few hobby paints, mostly Vallejo acrylic metalics.

    ReplyDelete