Wednesday, May 4, 2016

New models, books, game and some hills!

It's been a while since I've posted mostly because I had lost my painting mojo for a little bit.  I've gotten it back, finally.  I guess I needed a little bit of a break.  I'm still working on my Spanish Renaissance army.  I'm nearly done with the troops them selves. I just have to paint up the artillery and men and then work on the commanders.  I'm certainly behind in where I thought I would be at this point, of course taking 4 weeks off from painting didn't help. Oy!
In the mean time I have acquired some new items I thought I would show you all.  First up is a collection of 1/285 scale WWI airplanes I picked up off of Ebay. They came from England and are nicely painted.  I sold off my 1/144 scale planes last month and decided to go with the smaller scale planes.  I will be able to put more on the table and use smaller bases and playing area for them.  Here are the little beauties.







Just have to add magnets to them for the flight stands and we should be good to go.  Just have to paint up some French and British planes now.

Next up are some items I've picked up over the last few weeks.  One is board game from Italy based on two medieval battles from the 1400s.  The rule system is excellent and provides a nice game.  Some of you may recall I did a miniatures battle based on Campladino:1289. I used the companion board game to this one for that battle.


I also picked up some new books September 11, 1777 about Washington's defeat at Brandywine which I'm running a scenario from for our local convention in 3 weeks and also a book on the War of Spanish Succession. Which I've been gathering 10mm figures for as well.  That project may start towards the end of the year.


The last items I picked up are from Battlefield Terrain Concepts.  Some lovely little hills to help make the tabletop not so flat.  I met this company at Historicon last year and they do some lovely work.  I was finally able to place an order with them.

The hills are solidly built and are nicely flocked.  Also they are a reasonable price.

Well that's about all for now. I'll hopefully get some more figures based up tonight or tomorrow and put another post about them.







2 comments: