Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Miniart 1/16 French Musketeer Part 1

My wife, for Christmas, gave me a present which was another Miniart 1/16 scale figure. This one is the French Musketeer.  I'm going to do a series on putting this thing together.  Maybe it will be helpful to someone in the future.

To start off with the head comes in 3 pieces. Two halves are the side, neck and back of the skull. The other piece is the face. You have two choose from in the box. There are gaps that have to be filled with putty when putting the two side halves together.  Once you put the face on nothing lines up. I had to build a chin, create a jaw line and just fill holes where the pieces don't meet up.

The white is the putty I added. Everything is being held together with blue tack.

Now the hair! The hair comes in two pieces as well but once you line up the hair at the front of the face there's a huge hole at the back! See above photo!  If you shift the hair back it doesn't look right because his hair will start almost behind his ear in order for the two pieces to meet up.  I have no idea how to cover or fix this. 

Ugh!

3 comments:

  1. Nice start. If this is a plastic figure, then you can use plastic sprue and liquid plastic cement to fill gaps, build up areas, and cut, drill, etc. Just melt sprue and cement in a small jar. For example: more sprue than cement = thicker goop. With a little practice you can have seamless modifications. I use a finely pointed brush and/or pointed tooth pick
    to apply the viscous goop. Enjoy.

    BTW: I've got family in west Portland. Next time I'm up to visit them let's hook up for some food and chit-chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jay! Thanks for the tip! Yes, it is a plastic figure. Yes, the next time you are in Portland let me know. Food and talk sounds great!

    ReplyDelete