Thursday, April 19, 2018

Miniart 1/16 Musketeer Part V: Death of the Musketeer

 Some disappointing news about this project. It's coming apart at the seams. Literally!  So I was getting ready to put the next layer of paint onto the Musketeer when I noticed that his sword arm had started to separate.  As I looked around the model some more I noticed most of the seams that were filled with putty had separated and the putty was gone.  I primed the figure and thought it would have sealed it and protected the joints.  The only conclusion I can come up with is that solvent I was using to thin the oil paints ate away at the putty.










Oh well! Onto the next project!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like degenerative joint disease... maybe try again with a younger Mouseketeer (say Annette Funicello circa 1962)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tribulations are sent to test us...and to learn from. A gutting discovery, but I bet it never happens again.

    ReplyDelete