Well I've started my Renaissance project. It's taken me some time to collect all of the 10mm figures (Pendraken, Warmonger Figures and Old Glory). I don't know if anyone else does this or not but I divided up the figures into ziplock baggies. Each bag is a unit. This is the first time I've done this and it seems to work. Each figure is accounted for and ready to be painted.
I decided start with my arquebusiers for my Spanish army. I pulled two units which are 24 figures each. They will go on 4 bases. My prefer set of rules for this will be Piquet: Band of Brothers.
The top three photos are my paint pallet for the first unit. Red will be the primary color with Green, Yellow, Blue, Gray, Black and White are the complementary colors. I primed the figures using Black Gesso. It took about a day for it to dry.
I started painting the primary color with one sleeve, the jacket and one pant leg. That will tie each unit together. Overall the painting only took 2 days after the gesso dried.
I will start the next unit tomorrow. I'm pretty happy with the result. I just hope everything goes as quickly and easily as this unit.