I have finished my first unit of French for my Battle of Almanza project. It took me about 3 weeks of painting to get these done and that is due to the crazy schedule we've had here for the last few weeks. Now that things have settled down a little bit I should be able to complete more units a little bit faster. Although my trip to Historicon in a few weeks will put me a bit behind.
Overall the figures which are Old Glory 10mm, painted up quickly. This first unit had a white primer applied and then I did a wash of Agrax Earthshade to bring out the detail. It did help in making things pop so I could see them. The next unit, in the back ground, will have been primed black. Depending on which I like better I will paint the rest of them the same way.
This unit is the Blesois battalion. The uniform colors and flag colors came from Robert Hall's CD on the French Army 1688-1714. I hand painted the flag. It looks better from a distance. :) The bases are 30mm x 30mm and 3 ranks deep.